Thursday, March 3, 2016

Puppy Mills - Greed, and Animal Rights

What Is a Puppy Mill?

I sign petitions, and some days I sign dozens of petitions. One day while signing petitions I saw one about puppy mills. I had no idea what a puppy mill was, and so I just closed the browser tab and went about my day in blissful ignorance.
Most of my REAL friends in this world are, well, you guys. Almost all of my close friends are people that I talk to online. I have exactly one close online friend that I have actually met. I want to meet at least a hundred of the other persons that I talk to on a weekly or daily basis online.
But some of the very closest friends that I've ever had in my life were not online. In fact, several of the closest friends that I've ever had in my life didn't know how to use computers, speak in English, ride a bicycle or drive a car. Some of the closest and all of the most loyal friends in my life have been four legged little fuzzy guys that regarded me as if I were God, and who sought to please me and serve me, and only wanted my love and a doggy treat in return.
In modern America up is really down and black is really white. Peace is war, love is hate, bad is good - so forth and so on. Americans are often so inconsiderate of even their neighbors that it's little wonder they think people in far away lands are trying to destroy them and their pathetic way of life. It's called GUILT.
When people aren't awake enough in mind, body and spirit to even be able to see that they are fed a steady diet of poison and lies in America so much that they are more worried about the damned football game than what our nation is doing to people in foreign lands, is it any wonder that the creatures that ONLY want our love are also neglected?
The answer to the question: What Is A Puppy Mill? Is answered rather simply:
A puppy mill is an example of modern American greed in which the least able in our society are the MOST abused in the pursuit of GREED.
In a nation where the rights of the rich are taught to be far more important to a society than the rights of the poor, where does that leave animals? In capitalism, the only way that the economic system CAN work is for there to be persons being abused, and preferably out of sight and out of mind; but right here in America we have animals being abused in plain sight all for the love of the "almighty" and increasingly worth less dollar. By some estimates there are ten thousand puppy mills in the USA.

Puppy Mills

Dogs and Their Rights

Dogs are the most loving and forgiving creatures on the planet Earth. I'm rather sure that God gave us dogs as an example of how we should live, and act towards one another. The principle difference between a man and a dog is that a man, should you make him prosperous, could very well bite you, or have you killed. Dogs are not men - they have higher moral standards, offer more love, and are FAR and away more willing to forgive. There are no bad dogs. There are only bad people - and a violent or neglectful human could turn a dog mean, but dog behavior can be undone and unlearned. Humans? Not so much.
Reading about puppy mills - which as I said, I only recently even heard of - I was horrified to learn that there is literally some sick, twisted (and God help the man or woman that I ever meet that does this) horrific thing sometimes done called debarking.
"What is debarking?"
Debarking is when the animal abusers at puppy mills ram a rod down the throats of dogs in order to rupture their vocal cords. There are some humans in this world so horrific as to think that they should own dogs that do not bark. The dogs might forgive someone for ramming a rod down their throats and damaging their organs, but law enforcement and criminal records should always stand as a testament that the persons who do such things - are animal rights criminals, sociopaths, and dangerous.
I'm sure you've noticed the cramped quarters and the tiny metal cages that most of these dogs pictured are in. Do you suppose that they are often cleaned? They aren't. Do you suppose those metal wires are hot in the Summers and cold during the Winters? What would happen to you were you forever pissing and defecating in a cage that was rarely cleaned, and exposed to the burning metal wires in the sun? Would you be healthy, my friend, if that was you?

Husky Pups - Prisoners of Greed in a Puppy Mill.

Puppy Mills.

Puppy mills operate in sub standard conditions that are dangerous to the health of the dogs and are mostly found in rural areas. Puppy mills sell to the public but also to pet stores. Often a breeding pair of dogs are kept in tiny cages and bread over and over and over again - and then simply shot or put to sleep, or worse after their breeding years are through. Owners of puppy mills do not love dogs - they are in business, and do not have the time to care for hundreds of dogs. The love of money is the root of all evil, and the love of money is the root of the evil done to dogs in puppy mills.
Regarding dogs as no better than a field of corn, or as some sort of commodity is contrary and contradictory to ever level of the time honored relationship between dogs and humans. Dogs may be man's best friend, but the people who operate puppy mills are the dog's worst enemies. Health problems with dogs inside of puppy mills include but are not limited to:
  • Epilepsy
  • Heart disease
  • Kidney disease
  • Musculoskeletal disorders (hip dysplasia, luxating patellas, etc.)
  • Endocrine disorders (diabetes, hyperthyroidism)
  • Blood disorders (anemia, Von Willebrand disease)
  • Deafness
  • Eye problems (cataracts, glaucoma, progressive retinal atrophy, etc.)
  • Respiratory disorders
    • Giardia
    • Parvovirus
    • Distemper
    • Upper respiratory infections
    • Kennel cough
    • Pneumonia
    • Mange
    • Fleas
    • Ticks
    • Intestinal parasites
    • Heartworm
    • Chronic diarrhea

Is It Right For this Dog To Live In This Cage? NO!

Please Take A Moment To Sign The Petitions You See Online To Make Puppy Mills A More Serious Crime IN The Eyes Of The Law.

I could literally go on here for hours. I hope that if you agree to any of my text above that you will also take just a moment to look at the links that I have provided that tell so much more about the abuses and inhumanity to man's best friend found in puppy mills.
A very wise man of peace once had the following to say, and I agree with him:
"The moral progress of a nation can be judged by the way it treats its animals" ~ Gandhi ~

ALL DOGS SHOULD BE LOVED AND SMILING LIKE THIS DOG!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment